Monday, August 23, 2010

The Social Event of the Season

Ben's 2nd birthday party was great fun! Two of Ben's favorite shows are Curious George and Blue's Clues, so we worked them into the fun. I printed out coloring pages with George and Blue, made a George bean bag toss game and a Blue treasure hunt game (in the bean bin), and decorated the monstrosity of a cake with George's face. It was a lovely day (a bit too cool for the wading pool, actually), and our house was packed with parents and kids.










We had a book swap, so every child went home with a new book. There were no major meltdowns and Ben seemed to really enjoy himself.










I have to say, the high point was the cake: I baked two chocolate sheet cakes and layered them with semisweet chocolate buttercream and salted caramel buttercream. I think it's probably the yummiest cake I've ever made. The leftovers are so moist and delicious. Ben ate his entire piece and half of mine and still wanted more.


No comments: