Sunday, August 8, 2010

Have a Seat

Ben loves the toddler-sized armchairs at our library and in Greenlight Studio's reading room, so I ordered one for him for his birthday. I got the cheapest one I could find from Walmart (the Pottery Barn ones are so expensive!), and it's actually really cute and matches our "grown up" furniture. I expected Ben to hop right in when he woke up from his nap, but in true Ben fashion, he spent some time mulling it over.

Then he made me sit in it.
He thought that was funny, so he sat in it, and it was just right!It's also a great place when you need to make some calls or peruse a magazine.
We moved it next to his book shelf. I was cooking yesterday and there had been a long stretch of silence, which can be unsettling, but low and behold, he was just sitting in his chair and reading all that time. (And yes, he is wearing sweats in August. It's been getting down in the 50s at night this weekend.)

1 comment:

Jackamo said...

Ben is a wee kidlet after my own heart. He couldn't look cuter than he does in his little man chair.