Saturday, August 18, 2012

Summer Adventures Part 1: Montreal

One is probably not meant to post a bazillion photos to a blog about everything one has done over the course of a summer, but here I am, doing it. First installment: our weekend trip to Montreal. Here we are on the drive up there by Mount Washington.



 In Montreal, we took it easy on our second visit, mainly exploring our neighborhood on foot instead of trying to take the subway all over the place for tourist attractions. Ben and I went to several playgrounds, a great children's bookstore, and Atwater Market. I'm sorry I didn't get a shot of the pastry shop and bakery in Atwater because it made me so happy I nearly cried. You've certainly never seen anything to compare to it in the States.









We had a lovely picnic just over the border in Vermont, with fresh bread and pesto from Atwater Market and a view of the mountains (best picnic spot ever!). We also stopped for a photo op at Crawford Notch in New Hampshire. Dismal Pool, anyone?


Coming up next: Summer Adventures Part 2: Storyland

No comments: