Sunday, April 12, 2009

Welcome the Newly Baptized!

Ben was baptized at our church during the Great Easter Vigil on Saturday night. It was a lovely service, and Ben was content the entire time. He didn't mind getting his head wet and tickled Father John's beard while he was baptizing him. I teared up for part of the liturgy. My little boy's life is filled with potential, and I believe we're doing the most important thing to start him on a path of faith, hope, and love.

Below are several photos: during the service, with a bunch of friends and family members, with just family, and with Father John.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely lovely!
KT, AT, & JT

Jackamo said...

B and I are SO honored to be Ben's godparents. We wish with all our hearts that we could have been there, but we're thrilled that KK & Shaw could stand in for us. We love you Ben, and we cannot wait to see the path God has laid out for you!!

Katie said...

Welcome to the kingdom, Ben! (Beth, I have to say I absolutely LOVE your new hair!)