Sunday, December 7, 2008

Festive Whatnot

Ben is not especially interested in our tree, our stockings, our porch lights, or even his gifts under the tree. I'm sure that will change with time. Today we had a couple of inches of lovely snow. I baked a turkey pot pie and some chocolate chip cookies, and then we bundled up and walked over to our park for the local tree lighting ceremony. The high school band played Christmas carols in the gazebo while families milled around enjoying free hot cocoa and doughnut holes (just what we needed after all those chocolate chip cookies...). As usual, multiple grandmas came up to admire Ben in his winter weather finery.

Our Christmas tree, my homemade wrapping paper, and our bit of snow:










Ben and I at the tree lighting ceremony and our house lit up at night:

4 comments:

Unknown said...

How lovely. I want snow.

It was 73 when we took JT to see Santa this afternoon.

Katie said...

Okay, I'm moving to Maine. That's all there is to it. I know I shouldn't complain about SB weather...we went surfing this weekend. Sure, it was fun...but it definately doesn't get you in the Christmas spirit the way snow and hot cocoa would. (sigh)

Karen and Sean said...

I needs me some of dat snow! I forgot your tree was blue; they have that funky garland in blue, if you want me to grab some for you.

Watoosa said...

I have mixed feelings about the snow. It looks gorgeous and I'm so glad to have it at Christmastime. On the downside, it makes it hard to go jogging regularly (especially with temps in the teens).
KK, I'd love that blue garland. Where did you buy it? It would look great on our mantel!