Thursday, September 17, 2009

Briefly Summer

One of the things I love about our neighborhood is how pedestrian-friendly it is. Well, the motorists on Main Street could stand to slow down, but there are sidewalks, crosswalks, and a path and boardwalk winding along with river. Undoubtedly, the highlights are our library and park. I've taken Ben to the park on almost every sunny day this summer because I know we won't be out there as often when the snow arrives. Ben loves to crawl around, watch the big kids, stare at the ducks and seagulls, and try to eat mulch. This past Tuesday, Ben and I met a group of moms with sons his age at the library for infant story time, then walked down to the park for a picnic. We're going to try to make it a regular date while the weather cooperates!

1 comment:

Jackamo said...

Sometimes my arms just ache to hug his vast cuteness. Sigh...