Sunday, August 9, 2009

Being Fatherly


This is a rope. It is what Ickie used to hold up his shorts instead of a belt today. See, he's lost about 25 pounds since Ben was born, which is a mystery considering how much ice cream we consume. (I suspect he has a tapeworm.) My point is: the rope as belt. He was using it to hold up his baggy "do-things-around-the-house" shorts while painting the porch. He has pretty much become that thing we used to mock: our dads, who enjoy wearing shirts full of holes, jeans drizzled in motor oil, and shoes held together by duct tape.

I'm still a cool kid, though, because I mocked him and called him Robinson Crusoe...

...which is a classic literary reference, so nevermind, I'm a nerd.

2 comments:

Jackamo said...

MUAH HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!

Karen and Sean said...

Just wait till he catches his jeans fringe on fire! Those are some memories!